14.11.11

A D.I.Y. to make your room look fly!

Chalkboards are very trendy right now, and my family can't get enough! Not only do they look so amazing, they are very affordable.

I got this cabinet door from the local salvage yard for just $5
and you can buy chalkboard paint from just about anywhere.

1. Gather your supplies

2. Prepare the surface: Sand the surface a little, just enough to get the gloss of the paint from before. Take a damp rag and wipe down the surface after to remove the dust.
Tape up the edges.

 3. Prime!

4. Paint, multiple coats is best.
The directions for the paint I used makes you wait a week before using it.

5. Hang.
I recently added the art and jewelry rack to my wall also.




"Whatever course you have chosen for yourself, it will not be a chore but an adventure if you bring to it a sense of the glory of striving, if your sights are set far above the merely secure and mediocre."
-David Sarnoff

Thank you follower's, today we are pleased to have reached our 1000th view!

No comments:

Post a Comment