3.4.12

Art on a Budget

 My walls have been looking a little bare lately so I dusted off some old books and transformed them in to wall art. I'm always looking for books that have colorful illustrations or beautiful text at thrift stores & garage sales. Remember this?

I can't bring myself to cut in to an atlas I found last summer at a garage sale. Read this coupon I found in it's pages that expired in 1940. 

Maps made easy art especially in matted frames.
My favorite places to get frames on a budget:
*Thrift stores (sometimes if the picture already in the frame is particularly hideous you can get a great deal)*
*Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls*
*Craft stores like Michales or Joann Fabrics (But only with a coupon!)*

My favorite book is all about flowers paired with watercolor illustrations of them.

Here I just cut out a rose and glued it over a dictionary page. 

 Ta-da! My hallway is now dressed for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment